The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/wendy-this-post-is-very-welcomed-by-me-since-i-30555903.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Medicare covers skilled home care Date:  2/22/2013  3:41 AM
Author:  jrdown Number:  871885 of 883989

Wendy ~

This post is very welcomed by me since I am the sole caregiver of my dear 89 year-old dad. Thank goodness we live together or this, truly, would be impossible.

I have been told that some of his physical therapy had to be stopped because he had gone as far as he could. It is hard to get him to continue
the exercises because they are so tiring. He seems much more willing to do them for the PT than for me or just himself.

He is in the hospital for the second time in less than two weeks. Twelve days ago he fell (yet again) and I had to call 9-1-1 because I simply could not get him up off the bathroom floor and he was wedged in between the commode and bathtub. He had hurt his left thigh and was in a lot of pain. Late Wednesday I took him back to the ER because I detected a worsening Pneumonia in his lungs and I was right. He has a tendency to turn quickly and he wasn't getting better with the antibiotics. Seems he also has fluid in his lungs and we are working on remedying that with adding a product called "Thick-it" to his liquids to make them more the consistency of nectar.

So, all this round about chatter to say that I appreciate you sharing what you have learned. I will keep that info and present it if I have to. I wonder if it includes getting a home health aid so that I can leave the house?

Robyn
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us