The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Running Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-disqualification-notice-was-made-according-30556011.aspx

Subject:  Re: Disqualification Again (3 in 9 months) Date:  2/22/2013  8:04 AM
Author:  VeeEnn Number:  23385 of 23740

The disqualification notice was made, according to race officials, because of my actions towards medical officials at the 30km point of last year's race, when I defied doctor's orders to stop after dehydration and cramps set in and I fell down hard on the north end loop....

Don't have too much to say about whether you were disqualified for an irrational response to jokey suicidal ideation etc......but given the equally irrational response to the handful of runners who've actually died after dehydration/rehydration issues in enduance races, I'm mighty glad that you got to pay the price yourself. Otherwise runners like me would end up getting stuck with the cost.

I remember joking a decade or so back that risk tolerance was getting so bad that we'd all have to present a medical history affidavit to race marshalls before we were allowed to run......and then someone came back with the insight that he'd been excluded from a race somewhere in Europe because he didn't have some iteration of a *doctor's note* to pronounce him fit.

Sometimes things that happen to you really do have something to do with you.

Vivienne
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us