The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means


Subject:  Re: OT: Medicare covers skilled home care Date:  2/22/2013  11:40 AM
Author:  WendyBG Number:  871889 of 902769

<I wonder if it includes getting a home health aid so that I can leave the house>

Medicare has lists of types of caregivers. The new ruling covers "skilled" care, which I think means nurses and physical therapists but not home health aides -- but I'm not sure.

Since you have a very active situation with your father, you would really benefit by researching this thoroughly because that knowledge can help you find and use all the available resources.

Please report back to the LBYM Board when you find out because many people here have similar situations, either for themselves or family members.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's serious problems. It's very stressful for you.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us