The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hey-genius-what-did-i-say-in-the-first-post-i-30558315.aspx

Subject:  Re: I dont believe man causes Global Warming Date:  2/23/2013  3:48 PM
Author:  JDCRex Number:  1861843 of 1947782

Hey, genius - what did I say in the first post I made in this thread?

I was addressing your bullcrap about climate scientists needing to include the bombshell notion that the sun warms things.

And I love your weaseling around the fact that you were bloody well WRONG about stem cell research and continue to be.

I was not the slightest bit bloody well WRONG.

You were - and if you had the intellectual integrity you'd admit it. But that would cause loss of face, so you never will.

These are the facts:

1) Back in 2006 - when you made your ridiculous assertion that was slammed down instantly - it was known that in their natural state embryonic stem cells were pluripotent whereas stem cells from later stages of development were not.

2) There were nascent investigations underway to see if pluripotency could be induced in cells other than ESCs.

3) Later work in this area has been shown to be promising - but it is not yet settled. There are, in fact, dangers of their own cropping up.

NOW DOPE IS THE CRUCIAL POINT - SO PLEASE PAY ATTENTION:

4) If the hoped-for pluripotentiality from non-ESCs is to be attained, research needed to be - and STILL needs to be done - with ESCs. As I have pointed out in 3), we are not yet at the point where pluripotent non-ESCs are functionally the same thing.

Those are the facts. It's just that simple.

Oh, and YOUR BOLDING AND BROKEN CAPS LOCK KEY ADD NO VALUE.

Neither does your tedious borrowed-from-stale-Urban-Dictionary-entries-trying-to-be-all-streetwise patois - but yet you keep on with it.

(Here's a hint for you: if you're tempted to use "gettin' jiggy wid it" - don't. It won't make you look like a "hep cat" or whatever the hell you're trying to come across as.)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us