The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Atheist Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-would-not-be-surprised-to-see-the-treason-party-30558379.aspx

Subject:  Re: Why is Huntsman flipping now? Date:  2/23/2013  4:38 PM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  418430 of 443062

I would not be surprised to see the Treason Party splinter off. They see other Republicans as lacking "principles", and being too soft. The more mainstream Republicans apparently are attempting to muzzle the Treason Party (McCain recently told one to STFU in some hearing or other). They realize they can't win any big elections with those loons running loose.

But the loons don't see it that way, and won't stand for being silenced.

So a split seems quite plausible.

Would some Dems then defect to the cleansed GOP? Maybe. Not sure how much difference that would make, though. But given that the Dems have moved pretty far right from where they once were, it could be we have two "main" parties that are pretty similar, and then the radical lunatics of the Treason Party. The latter would have no hope of ever winning any national election. Just some local ones. And they even lose some of those when people really hear what they have to say (e.g. no minimum wage, "legitimate rape", ultrasound probing, etc).

I think 2016 already is the Dem's to lose. Even if the GOP manages to come up with someone less stupid than Perry, less nutty than Santorum, and less out of touch than Romney.

1poorguy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us