The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/a-posting-style-like-yours-full-of-bombast-30558514.aspx

Subject:  Re: I dont believe man causes Global Warming Date:  2/23/2013  6:27 PM
Author:  JDCRex Number:  1861900 of 1972038

A posting style like yours (full of bombast, insults and look-at-me over the top nonsense) implies an insecure personality that seeks assurance by cutting down other people.

No, lil' Dope - it's a reaction to the crap that you pump out on a daily basis.

I don't go in for your style - running off to Retire Deranged or CF and moaning and whining in oh-so-convenient generalities about libruls - then trying to proclaim yourself as superior because you are speaking with a broad brush.

If - like your good self - you are So Wrong, So Often, So Long I will call you personally to account for it rather than dance around the topic with political correctness and generalities.

I'm guessing you don't do it in real life

If someone speaks utter crap in real life I don't just let it slide. But the thing about the internet is that it is an aggregrator - it's a much wider net for the bulldung to get caught in than the necessarily more limited scope of the physical world as experienced by one person. Simply put - I just don't get the chance to come up against as much garbage in my day-to-day life.

For encountering concentrated wingnuttery, the internet is the greatest device ever built to suit the purpose.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us