The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Conservative Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/0bama-wants-to-see-you-suffer-30561387.aspx

Subject:  0bama Wants to See You Suffer Date:  2/25/2013  5:33 PM
Author:  Vile Number:  115847 of 137131

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/black-leaders-direct-correla...

"“I think if you look right after the Emancipation Proclamation – what was going on down in the southern states, it’s very clear that the Dixiecrats wanted to disarm black people to keep us from defending ourselves against the Klansman, who were murdering white and black Republicans to control the ballot box,” Swimp said. “So I think history is [rife] with examples. There’s a direct correlation between gun control and black people control.”

The gun control laws that banned or put restrictions on African Americans from owning firearms are documented on a timeline from 1640 to 1995 by the National Rifle Association’s Institute of Legislative Action and can be found here."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/02/22/whoa-colum...

"Virginia Tech was the site of the deadliest school shooting in U.S. history. Seung-Hui Cho used two of the smallest caliber hand guns manufactured and a handful of ten round magazines. There are no substantial facts that prove that limited magazines would make any difference at all. Second, this is just another law that endangers law-abiding citizens. I’ve heard you ask, “why does someone need 30 bullets to kill a deer?” Let me ask you this: Why would you prefer criminals to have the ability to out-gun law-abiding citizens? Under this policy, criminals will still have their 30-round magazines, but the average American will not. Whose side are you on? Lastly, when did they government get into the business of regulating “needs?” This is yet another example of government overreaching and straying from its intended purpose."

Please read both articles. The first deals with the racist roots of gun control. Gun contrl started with democrats wanting to make sure blacks couldn't protect themselves against the organization they created, the KKK.

The second article is from an actual victim of the Columbine tragedy. I think he knows whereof he speaks.

All the steps they are currently taking against 'assault weapons' and guns in general wouldn't have stopped any of the tragedies we have witnessed. In fact, they can only disarm and weaken law abiding citizens while fortifying and propping up criminals who own guns illegally.

I read a post where a California police officer guessed that based on his experience, 95% of all gun crimes are committed with illegal guns. He said he had never arrested anyone with a legal gun. Unfortunately, I can find no real statistics on it but I have seen the 95% number in several places.

Blacks in inner cities are the most vulnerable having already been disarmed by the government. The strictest areas of gun control also have the highest incidents of gun crimes. Why would the President of the United States want to put law abiding citizens at greater risk? Why would he deny the right of the people to defend themselves in their own homes?

We are living in dark times where our government wants to control every facet of our lives from how much soda we drink to how safe we can make ourselves. Every day it seems the government exerts more control and one can only assume they wish to make us all completely dependant upon the state.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us