The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotsince-you-indicate-that-the-dividend-was-30561703.aspx

Subject:  Re: Dividend not included on 1099 form Date:  2/25/2013  8:33 PM
Author:  projectchris Number:  117893 of 121565

"Since you indicate that the dividend was received on January 3 I would be inclined to think is was actually issued the prior year.
You could check with a quote server such as Yahoo Finance that shows dividend dates to see when it was paid."

I called Tradeking, and I was told it was a mistake on Apex's part. They told me they would inform Apex to correct the mistake on 2012 1099 tax form consistent with what I have already filed on my 1040 form.

Many Tradeking customers will likely need corrected 1099 forms from what I was told.

Still debating whether I should just drop that brokerage. I already closed my Roth with Tradeking because they wouldn't drop the $30 yearly maintenance fee. I was told that legacy Tradeking customers and new Tradeking customers only, were allowed maintenance fee free roth accounts.
I even went as far as stating--- Can I just close the account, and open a new one? lol response- no

I opened up an optionshouse account and have been pleased so far. I took advantage of the $100 ACAT and 100 free trades promotions.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us