The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/your-libertarian-instincts-prevail-darn-right-30564039.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tragedy of the Commons Date:  2/27/2013  6:48 AM
Author:  captainccs Number:  65690 of 72205

Your libertarian instincts prevail...

Darn right! But I'm sure you prefer North Korea to some liberal (in the true original sense) free place. LOL You stated all the reasons I don't visit METAR.

I've got family in the US and they have asked me why I stay in Venezuela. I really like many things about the US except for the excessive regulation. In the Land of the Free you are now free to do what the authorities allow you to do. Sad.

About the NPI, if it wasn't able to hold itself together I guess there was not enough in it to make it worth while keeping. The whining lurkers sure contributed nothing. Evolution is about creation and destruction. Our planet is made up from the corpse of earlier stars. The dinosaurs are gone but life goes on.

The question for humans is whether it is better to live free and dangerously or shackled but safe. America seem to prefer The Patriot Act which hurts citizens much more than it does terrorists. The War on Drugs, the War on Money Laundering, the War on just about anything. But you are safe. Ha! And you sure learned nothing from Prohibition (the War on Liquor).

About anarchy, yes, I like it just fine. One of the reasons I liked sailing is that there are no cops on the beat, no referee, no umpire on the sailing course. Instead it very much depends on the honor system. Sure it's breached on occasion but better than than shackled.

My earlier comment on "the new administration" was a reference to the destructiveness of "regulation" and after the destruction, the destructors have done nothing for the board they tried to save.

Your libertarian instincts prevail...

You can bet on it!

Denny Schlesinger
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us