The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/darn-right-but-im-sure-you-prefer-north-korea-30564984.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tragedy of the Commons Date:  2/27/2013  2:43 PM
Author:  Goofyhoofy Number:  65701 of 73008

Darn right! But I'm sure you prefer North Korea to some liberal (in the true original sense) free place.

Exhibit A on why this place is a cesspool. If there's a more asinine way you could have said this, I'm not sure I could think of it.

I really like many things about the US except for the excessive regulation. In the Land of the Free you are now free to do what the authorities allow you to do.

Curious. I can start any business I like, sell to any customers I like, charge any price I like, and locate anywhere I like, so long as I don't trample on the rights of others. Excessive regulation? How's that "freeeedom" thing working out for Somalia? Afghanistan? Pakistan?

Ever notice that the most vibrant economies of the world are those with structure and organization? Those, of course, take "regulation."

About anarchy, yes, I like it just fine

Well, then, your philosophy fits in nicely with this board. Which, I point out, is dead. Congratulations on your success.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us