The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  State Tax? Date:  3/1/2013  4:02 PM
Author:  ORA100 Number:  117922 of 127643

I have two kids with minor accounts that I generated capital gains last year and they also had a long term capital gain carryover from previous years. I am filing 1040's for each of them and also have to file Form 8615 becuase they have over $1900 of Investment Income. We live in IL. Will I have to file IL taxes for the two kids?

Thanks for the great help.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us