The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ptheland-quotwait-never-mind-im-starting-up-30569665.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tax strategies for high W2 earners? Date:  3/1/2013  7:25 PM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  117927 of 121572

ptheland: "Wait. Never mind. I'm starting up this great deal. I'll use the money you invest with me to purchase CDOs tied to the VIX to do a LBO of a growing M&A practice. We'll take the EBITDA from the M&A and send that to an offshore SPE in the Caymans to save on taxes. Bottom line - you'll show a 100% ROI on a monthly basis, plus you'll get real, usable tax writeoffs for any money invested.

;-)

--Peter <== who has never had anyone take him up on the offer of creating bad debt writeoffs, so is trying a new marketing technique."

JAFO31: I like the new marketing technique, and I too have never had anyone accept my offer to have an LLC I control borrow that targeted deduction amount on an unsecured basis. (;>) But I try to remain hopeful.

And I keep waiting for someone who says they want to invest in an IRA to invest in me. <g>

Ira
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us