The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Tax strategies for high W2 earners? Date:  3/2/2013  7:26 AM
Author:  4thebird Number:  117938 of 127546

If you have children, consider 529 college plans. There's no current Federal tax benefit, but some states give a deduction, and growth is tax-free at all levels if the money is used for qualified expenses.

after seeing how those plans work I would recommend a IRA for each kid. that is more flexible and then you are not forced to pick funds of funds.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us