The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-had-this-happen-selling-in-nj-you-think-the-30572912.aspx

Subject:  Re: Selling: more of a rant than anything Date:  3/4/2013  1:16 PM
Author:  Dwdonhoff Number:  124931 of 127777

I had this happen selling in NJ. You think the place is sold and stop showing it. Then the buyer cancels and want to renegotiate. I think its a negotiating tactic.

I may be naive, as I'm not old enough to have lived through a market I'd want to sell into (I was late to the home accumulation game, and I've retained all the homes I've purchased to date,) HOWEVER...

Why stop showing a home prior to any particular offerror's contingencies clearing, and earnest money going hard? It ain't a deal until the check clears, but there ain't even a commitment until the earnest money is "earnest."

When we're showing rentals, we keep showing & taking apps until we have an applicant who's moved in. We take diligence/credit-check/app-fee checks with each rental app, but only cash the 1st keeping the rest on standby in order of arrival priority.

If/when I sell, I plan on doing the same.
Dave
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us