The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/is-something-like-this-pretty-standard-im-not-30572946.aspx

Subject:  Re: Selling: more of a rant than anything Date:  3/4/2013  1:30 PM
Author:  PSUEngineer Number:  124935 of 127459

Is something like this pretty standard? I'm not questioning it legally. I understand the rules in place giving people 3 days to review things and back out... but as my realtor said, to do something like this is really poor on their part. If you're so quick to jump at throwing an offer out like that to get us off the market in the first 24 hours we're available and then fall through on something like "HOA docs" that means they really didn't do their homework (highly unlikely), or they really shouldn't be fronting a stance of aggression like that at getting a house that is clearly going to sell fast.

I'm a little less generous as the other posters on why they did what they did. I think they hurried up with an offer to take your home off the market for three days as they continued to look at other houses in the meantime. Your house was a fall back position if they didn't find something else better out there in the market. They're probably indecisive people who kick the front steps of a bunch of houses.

PSU
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us