The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retire Early Liberal Edition
|Subject: Re: We won the lottery.||Date: 3/6/2013 10:38 AM|
|Author: Volucris||Number: 48234 of 59194|
1. Don't skimp on the boots. All leather - no Goretex. Waterproof them. I like Vasque myself, but they fit my long skinny feet.
2. Hiking poles. You want a pair each. Get a set that breaks down into a shorter length. Three section poles are good. http://www.rei.com/product/831553/komperdell-compact-titanal...
3. Good rain gear. Coat and pants, plus one for your pack. Ponchos are OK for a one off, but not for serious weather.
4. Water purification filter
5. Start hiking now for conditioning
3. Have a great time.
|Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|