The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-is-your-investment-objective-if-in-30578916.aspx

Subject:  Re: Supernova or Income Newsletter from Mottley Date:  3/7/2013  1:42 PM
Author:  BruceCM Number:  71472 of 76418

What is your investment objective?

If, in retirement, your objective is reliable income, I can imagine a portfolio of things like preferred stock that will provide this, but will not appreciate in value. There is nothing wrong with this arrangement, providing the portfolio is providing what you seek and you understand and accept the risks that go with it.

I don't have any problem with investment newsletters, if they save me the time and work of what I would be doing anyway....and providing the writer of the newsletter will show me his/her data they used. Most newsletters I've ever looked at are nothing more than "do this" and "don't do that" types that won't show their data. Or they cherry-pick a few pieces of data and draw broad conclusions from it. Today the only 'newsletter' I susbscribe to is Morningstar Premium, and that's mostly for access to their 'premium' data.

BruceM
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us