The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/eugene-wrote-the-reason-i-refered-to-the-s-amp-p-30579685.aspx

Subject:  Re: Supernova or Income Newsletter from Mottley Date:  3/7/2013  9:22 PM
Author:  TwoCybers Number:  71474 of 75696

Eugene wrote The reason I refered to the S & P was for two reasons. 1) The advertisement promised to out porform the S & P by a factor of 2 to 3 times.

While it possible you will wake tomorrow and know exactly where to dig in your yard to discover and pick up $50,000, I am going to say you won't do that. Anybody who makes the statement you wrote, is getting close my finding $50,000 story. The world is full of mutual funds and EFTs who have very highly paid management teams. Last time I read up the vast majority of these mutual funds were unable to equal the S&P500 returns for periods of say 10 years. By vast majority I mean well over 90%.

For sure this or that fund or system will be great in some specific time or situation. Look at data over several years and keep in mind, even a broken two handed wrist watch displays the correct time twice a day.

Gordon
Atlanta
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us