The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-what-your-saying-is-that-there-are-no-real-30581525.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tax strategies for high W2 earners? Date:  3/8/2013  10:24 PM
Author:  canuck104 Number:  117998 of 121351

So what your saying is that there are no real strategies other than 401ks, HSA, etc. That would have been a lot easier to read than the snarkiness that is now part of the Fool community:

- Grandpa's knee.......of course you can reinvest profits in a business and defer/minimize taxes.

- Of course backdoor Roth contribution potentially lowers your FUTURE tax burden (yes I do in fact understand them)

- Vote Republican next time......how do you know I didn't

Or.....the most genius of the posts:

- Quit my job......pure genius.....wish I would have thought of that myself!! With that kind of keen insight, he/she should probably run for political office!!

The answers to this thread remind how much the Fool has degraded since the late 90s......no real answers other than smart-ass comments from wannabe know-it-alls. The Fool USED to be a place where people wanted to help with questions....not a place where pinheads post garbage to feel superior to those asking the questions. Jeez.

There are still some "old school" Fools who actually want to help -but they are getting scarcer and/or are less active because of stupidity like the follow-up posts to my question.

And Phil, as a Fool employee, I would expect better of you most of all as you are (presumably) the bearer of the Fool culture that David and Tom created decades ago but which is slowly degrading.

Respectfully,
canuck104
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us