The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/peter-i-respect-you-and-the-advice-you-have-given-30581626.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tax strategies for high W2 earners? Date:  3/9/2013  12:24 AM
Author:  canuck104 Number:  118004 of 121103

Peter:

I respect you and the advice you have given me and others in the past and I (and probably the others) are grateful for it. I take all advice as a starting point for research, not as gospel. I am responsible for my own decisions and I would not blame anyone giving me FREE advice if I lost money by not doing my own DD. I hold the others in Fool community to the same standard -and doing less than that would be doing them a disservice.

As for "cutting a little slack"....although part of The Fool's mandate is to "amuse" it now seems like so much "slack" has been cut by so many in the Fool community that the tone of the community is one of condescension rather than "in good fun".

I'm sorry but I don't feel the need to cut any more slack to those that don't contribute meaningful words of encouragement or advice....too much slack has already been given to the pinheads. I'm not DEMANDING a response to my posts.......I'm ASKING. And if the educating is done with humor, even better. If it's done with condescension or stupidity, I'd rather the poster just keep it to themselves.

Respectfully,
canuck104
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us