The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Rental Question Date:  3/11/2013  5:46 PM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  118036 of 127745

It seems to me that you have a casualty loss for the theft of rent. If so, then the payment from the state would be the same as an insurance reimbursement - nontaxable unless it exceeded your loss.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us