The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks D / Disney

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/didnt-anyone-want-to-know-about-plans-for-the-30585876.aspx

Subject:  Re: Disney's 2013 Annual Meeting Date:  3/12/2013  11:19 AM
Author:  MoeBruin Number:  48470 of 49972

Didn't anyone want to know about plans for the dividend (which should be higher), the debt structure (which should be lower)? Can the price of a Disney vacation be higher than it currently is? Could the Avengers still work if it were cast with unknowns? Will the next CEO be as acquisition-addictive as Iger? Can we pay the next CEO less money? Disney is supposed to be magical and inspire the imagination. I didn't see much imagination within the minds of that group.

Then again, that's probably how Iger et al. like it.

Unfortunately most companies today do everything they can to avoid being accountable to their shareholders and I assure you that not one of those questions if asked would have gotten anything more then the type of say nothing response that politicians give for questions for debate.

Of course they do this in the name of not giving away secrets to their competition (HAHAHAHA).

Since the days of Eisner Disney has been particularly astute at making sure they have an accountable BOD which is why they get more scrutiny now then most companies. Eisner was famous for having his family Dentist and kids school teachers on the Board of Directors.

Moe
- How you deal with all these giant companies that don't really have owners I am not sure but somehow someway stockholders have to unite and figure out away to protect their interests better.

Breakdown of Disney Stock Ownership
% of Shares Held by All Insider and 5% Owners: 7%
% of Shares Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners: 65%
% of Float Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners: 70%
Number of Institutions Holding Shares: 1315
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us