The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sadly-i-have-no-idea-what-my-credit-scores-are-30586752.aspx

Subject:  Re: Mismanaged Student Loan Date:  3/12/2013  6:25 PM
Author:  Dhiana Number:  306839 of 308688

Sadly I have no idea what my credit scores are. The last time I requested the reporting agencies send my reports and scores about 8 or 9 years ago it was a major battle in which I gave up after about 6 months. Their responses where basically requesting more information to prove I was at that address and I would send it then they would send another letter for more info and then they started sending letters they already had sent and received a response to, etc, etc and in the end I rec'd 2 of the 3 reports but one has never, ever sent one to me. I have proof of deliver of each letter to this day.
I know I'm legally entitled to receive this information but it is all such an exhausting battle.

Even though I have no need to borrow money I know the credit scores are used in other stupid ways such as insurance pricing. This is where I'm concerned that having these late marks on my credit report because of the servicer's error and NOT because I was late.

This makes me so frustrated. Is it really better to just pay it off and not get the black marks removed from my credit report?
I feel like then Mohela, the servicing company has won and will then just continue to prey on the next person and the next.

Going to a congressperson would be a last resort, something I hadn't thought about doing. Living overseas makes that all a bit difficult.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us