The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/yes-aj-i-am-one-of-those-stuck-in-the-student-30588688.aspx

Subject:  Re: Mismanaged Student Loan Date:  3/13/2013  7:22 PM
Author:  Dhiana Number:  306843 of 308686

Yes AJ! I am one of those stuck in the Student Loan/Mohela mess that was prompted by the health care reconciliation bill. So I'm not alone in this mess.

My first step was to send a letter to the CEO and I still have the green postcard proof of delivery. The response was less than stellar. My request for an email in which to communicate was completely ignored and the letter wasn't even signed by a human being. There was absolutely no name anywhere on the letter! I didn't expect a personal response from the CEO but I did expect some professionalism.

The letter to the CEO was my response to the suspicious email I was originally sent. The personal information requested was my address. I've had the same address for 9 years and DOE already had that information and has had it for years.

But there is sort of good news. At least it had me laughing. One of the late notice emails I rec'd this week actually had an email address on it so I could just hit reply and reach a human being. No other email sent had an option to reply other than a po box and a 1-800 number.

I hit reply and stated my case as briefly as possible. The guy said he couldn't look up my account by name and said to call the 1-800 number. Seriously? HE emailed me!
About an hour later he sent another reply stating that 'there appear to be more moving parts to this...' and please contact my office.
You can't access my account by my name nor email that you sent me yet you suddenly realize there are 'more moving parts' Oh, and emailing you IS contacting your office. LOL!!

At least this mess is starting to return some entertainment value.

This is clearly a mismanagement issue on Mohela's part so I want to continue to pursue it and ensure my credit report accurately reflects my actions and not the mistakes of creditors.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us