The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quot-the-financial-services-industry-attracts-30590182.aspx

Subject:  Re: Your financial adviser could be a psychopath Date:  3/14/2013  4:36 PM
Author:  culcha Number:  71489 of 76397

" ...the financial services industry attracts more than it's share of rogues and thieves."

While I believe this to be true, I would expand that to any area where funds are available and not properly monitored.

Right. As examples, I would also mention internet con men who send emails from foreign countries promising millions of dollars. This is a HUGE industry.

Recently, I heard an interesting show on the radio in which the con man was on the phone encouraging his victim to send the money (I think it was $10,000) instead of using it for the operation that the victim's child needed. In this case, the show was an exposé: the "victim" was really a scambaiter and the child was only a fiction -- but the con man on the telephone line was real. He really thought that he was going to steal the money that was needed for a victim's child's operation.

culcha
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us