The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Real Estate Inv. Trusts: REITs

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-have-a-more-sanguine-view-of-rmr-and-cwh-i-sold-30591011.aspx

Subject:  Re: CWH Earnings and much more.. Date:  3/15/2013  8:17 AM
Author:  robtred Number:  73882 of 77698

I have a more sanguine view of RMR and CWH. I sold almost all of my CWH common when it went up with the takeover attempt. It wasn't because I didn't like CWH, I just don't like the office market. There are a few blue chippers like Boston but they are very expensive with yields too low. Lots more people are into virtual commuting, there is a huge surplus of office properties and foreclosures are occurring frequently. I still own some CWH-D because I feel the income is safe, growth in offices? Not. Duke has pretty much gotten out of the office business for a reason(and they're pretty smart). It is true the shares are undervalued relative to book value and share price to ffo. The irony is that value in terms of ffo/book value has been created but the shares are down because of reasons Ralph mentioned. But I think all of this conflict of interst disparaging diatribe is overblown.

Remaining RMR holdings: CWHD, very little CWH, SIR, SNH.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us