The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Children with wages Date:  3/16/2013  1:44 PM
Author:  AndrewXnn Number:  118065 of 127534

I have two 15 year old children that entered the work force last year.
They received W-2 wage summaries for 2012:

One earned $222.93
The other earned $1580

a small amount of federal tax was withheld from each.

I'm thinking of filling out the 1040EZ tax return for each of them.

Is this the correct approach? (seems too easy)

Also, will these wages impact me and my wifes joint return?

I know that they will eventually become too old for me to claim, just not sure how their wages might factor in on my return.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us