The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-should-have-added-that-ive-kept-45-pounds-off-30596151.aspx

Subject:  Re: it is fat-shaming time in America Date:  3/18/2013  10:55 PM
Author:  TheBaronAndrew Number:  675203 of 744333

I should have added that I've kept 45 pounds off for 2 years and lost another 4 this year on my "enjoy the fat, avoid the carbs" way of eating. I don't call it a diet because it's just the way I eat - forever.

Kudos!

I've lost weight from being sick with the flu for two weeks, and it's only just in the past few days that I'm starting to eat "normal" again. I need to get my strength back as I'm still not 100 percent in that department. I can't get enough fat into my diet. Butter is like the nectar of the gods to me right now. I stopped in at Walgreens today to buy some milk because they have a gallon on sale this week for $2.29 with the card... but I walked right back out because everything was gone except 1% milk and skim. So I walked back down the block in the other direction to go to Jewel and get whole milk even though it was $2.69 there. Only whole milk for me, thank you -- the fat helps absorb the calcium and vitamin D. Maybe I'll go down to 2% if whole milk isn't available, but I won't go lower than that.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us