The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotat-my-last-physical-the-blood-test-showed-30596917.aspx

Subject:  Re: it is fat-shaming time in America Date:  3/19/2013  12:48 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  675243 of 734838

"At my last physical, the blood test showed low vit D levels." - bighairymike
------------------------

I take a 2,000 IU Vitamin D3 everyday along with a one a day for old male geezers that has 400 I.U. of D3 in it. My doctor measures my vitamin D and it always comes back fine.

I do buy whole milk and use it on my cereal and in cooking and we use real butter to fry eggs in.

My cholesterol was 179 in November last year. One time it dropped as low as 149 during one of my physicals.

I take psyllium every night. I buy the Equate brand of "metamucil" in the Wal-mart Pharmacy. I mix it with diet lemonade and just guzzle it down. I've been doing that for years.

I also love salads and eat a lot of salads and other green leafy vegetables. I like spinach, cabbage, parsley, cilantro, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, onions, green beans, and other legumes which are high in fiber. I usually use some kind of Italian or balsamic vinegar salad dressing on my salads.

I also like tacos and put lots of veggies on my homemade tacos, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro, peppers, olives, etc.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us