The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/andrew-kudos-ive-lost-weight-from-being-sick-30597080.aspx

Subject:  Re: it is fat-shaming time in America Date:  3/19/2013  2:02 PM
Author:  MetalDecathlete Number:  675257 of 744028

AndrewKudos!

I've lost weight from being sick with the flu for two weeks, and it's only just in the past few days that I'm starting to eat "normal" again. I need to get my strength back as I'm still not 100 percent in that department. I can't get enough fat into my diet. Butter is like the nectar of the gods to me right now. I stopped in at Walgreens today to buy some milk because they have a gallon on sale this week for $2.29 with the card... but I walked right back out because everything was gone except 1% milk and skim. So I walked back down the block in the other direction to go to Jewel and get whole milk even though it was $2.69 there. Only whole milk for me, thank you -- the fat helps absorb the calcium and vitamin D. Maybe I'll go down to 2% if whole milk isn't available, but I won't go lower than that.

Andrew,

If you could find some place where you could get organic, raw, whole milk from a trusted source, that would be for better for you then store bought anything. It takes a week or 2 to get used to the taste, but once you do, it tastes better and is much healthier than the chemically, hormonal polluted stuff the gov't forces dairy's to produce.

The key is a trusted source. Lot's of natural foodists around my area will buy it from a farmer that hand milks a grass fed, free range cow. Of course living in Chicago, that might be a challenge. ;)

Me? I don't do dairy. But if I did, that is how I would drink it.

Metal
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us