The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 2012 Roth Contribution after filing Date:  3/21/2013  8:36 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  118099 of 127613

Jane, 25 year old individual has already filed a 2012 1040 Return. The individual now wants to contribute $2000 (meets earned income reqm't) to a new Roth Account and designate it for the 2012 year contribution.

Roth contributions themselves are not reported on the 1040. If she qualifies for the Retirement Savers Credit she will need to amend to claim that credit and a refund.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us