The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-didnt-read-the-entire-thing-but-the-parts-30601214.aspx

Subject:  Re: Selling: more of a rant than anything Date:  3/21/2013  8:02 PM
Author:  inparadise Number:  124976 of 127777

I didn't read the entire thing, but the parts that are snipped and put into the contract indicate that the buyer has to provide full HOA documents at time of Ratification and that the buyer had 3 days to review the documents and can back out at any time from them.

I'm not sure this is something that can be waived in the contract.

State law...can't be waived.

What is currently working against us is that our HOA is in a very high profile legal battle with an ISP, OpenBand, that has exclusive rights to service in the community.

What about pre-emptively disclosing that? I hate the VA disclosure. You sellers are allowed to basically thumb your noses at buyers and shout at them BUYER BE WARE. PA disclosure law is tough on sellers making them disclose all they know. The good thing is that when you get a contract here, they know they want the place. It's one of the first docs I ask for when looking to buy in PA, but I don't bother in VA.

IP
often checking out a disclosure here in PA even to decide if I want to look at the property or not
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us