The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotso-jim-did-you-get-tested-if-your-wife-30601408.aspx

Subject:  Re: it is fat-shaming time in America Date:  3/21/2013  11:16 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  675479 of 736303

"So, Jim, did YOU get tested. If your wife was that low, there's a good chance you were low too. After all, you probably have similar diets and lifestyles.

(When DD tested way low and was put on the prescription pills, DW and I got tested. I was also way low, DW was "too low to measure". DW took those four-month-RDA-each pills *twice* a week for a while.)" warrl

------------

Our doctor tested us for Vitamin D. My wife was low and I wasn't. I took/take a 2,000 I.U. daily and at that time my wife must not have. Doctor gave my wife some kind of once a month Vitamin D pill (I think like 50,000 I.U. that she took for a while but now I think she's taking some kind of daily Vitamin D like I do.

I also take a One a Day multi-vitamin for old male geezers that I buy at Sam's Club that has 400 I.U. in it so I am getting at least 2,400 I.U. plus whatever I get from whole milk, and the meat I eat.

My wife is a vegetarian and uses & drinks weird stuff like coconut milk and Kefir and other hippie-veggie stuff that she is under the illusion is good for her.

Me on the other hand? I buy whole milk and use it in my cereal and in cooking and don't buy into all that hippe-veggie-organic nonsense that ignorant people without degrees in Agriculture believe in. People will believe anything.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us