The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ok-ill-confess-when-i-was-in-college-many-30603326.aspx

Subject:  Re: A single mushroom can change personality Date:  3/23/2013  9:10 AM
Author:  ResNullius Number:  675602 of 757912

Ok, I'll confess. When I was in college many decades ago, I took a tab of psilocybin while on a trip to another college campus with some friends. It was the single worst expeience of my life. I used a lot of pot back then, and that was really nice, but the psilocybin was a real bummer. The halucinations were intense for about 10 to 12 hours. Then I was very stoned for another 24 hours (but that actually was nice). I can still recall today being on the floor and seeing the legs of tables grow into legs of table monsters. Other things would glow and grow into what appeared to be living things that would move all around. I didn't know what was real versus what was not. I took a shower, and it was like standing under a flood of sparklers. It was something else. I never took any halucinagentic substance again. I guess this might explain why I come to TMF now, where all the furniture monsters hang out.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us