The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-must-be-missing-some-neuro-receptor-i-was-never-30603612.aspx

Subject:  Re: A single mushroom can change personality Date:  3/23/2013  1:50 PM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  675630 of 749255

I must be missing some neuro-receptor. I was never curious enough to try ANY drugs. I always wondered what the point was. Pain medication dulls the pain but really doesn't do anything else. The day I had an impacted wisdom tooth extracted, came home, my mom made me take a pain pill before the local wore off, an hour later I was at the gym working out. Alcohol, no fuzzy warm feeling, no relaxation, if I have too much I feel dizzy but don't get all happy nor angry.

I was never one to go for the numb, I had some friends who loved downers, never really understood the thrill, tried them, but eehhh.

Now Acid or Cocaine? very different. Both make you feel sharper, one leaves you looking at things in a very different way, the other hits the intensity switch; used to love going bike riding or playing basketball on coke -- no wasn't any better but you just had a feeling you were.

Any introspection pretty much leaves you after a while knowing they are essentially a waste of time with a longer recovery than they are possible worth, but they do give a different perspective and sometimes that is refreshing.

A whole lot of the recreational drugs have no commonality with pain killers.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us