The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/american-military-forces-in-europe-continue-to-30603970.aspx

Subject:  Re: Interesting Factoid-Bye-Bye Europe Date:  3/23/2013  8:10 PM
Author:  2828 Number:  675645 of 757799

American military forces in Europe continue to shrink and will, over the next few years, shrink to 30,000 troops. That’s a tenth of what it was when the Cold War ended between 1989 (when most communist governments in East Europe collapsed) and 1991 (when the Soviet Union dissolved). But the American troops won’t completely disappear and most Europeans want it that way. The American troops are hostages, to help keep the peace in a part of the world that has brought us some of the most destructive wars in history.
------------------------------------------------------
Muslims are going to reach critical mass in europe over the next 2 or 3 decades due to stupid immigration policies. What good are troops going to do there anyway? In my mind they already lost. I could never have imagined some group giving up their freedom and liberty with such vigor, but i see it here all the time.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us