The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotwhoops-i-missed-that-apparently-she-took-30604086.aspx

Subject:  Re: Struggling in America? Date:  3/23/2013  10:09 PM
Author:  scarybrat22 Number:  872702 of 885297

"Whoops, I missed that. Apparently, she took a handout from the city (I'll give her credit, she's working hard to get freebies from everyone- state, ex-husband, boyfriend, the city, charities) and moved to an apartment."

How do you account her ex-husband's payment of child support as a freebie? Child support is not a freebie, it is the price one pays for being divorced and having kids. If I am misreading you on this, my mistake.

As far as the hand bag and shoes, that's really a matter of speculation. You can get some nice designer looking shoes/hand bags at places like Target, Kohl's, TJ-Max, etc.

I don't blame her bit one bit for keeping her daughter in a decent school district. The money invested will pay off down the road, assuming her daughter stays on a good path.

As far as the boyfriend, so he gave her gas money. I look at it as investment in the job search.

As far as all the freebies are concerned, the lady is working. Granted, she shouldn't have quit her job without another one lined up, but you don't know what was going on behind the scenes to lead to such a "permanent" decision.

Also, if you have been employed for a zillion years and are suddenly unemployed, it is a bit of a shock to not have another one almost immediately.

I have had an interview a week since being unemployed in January. So far no dice.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us