The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-really-do-not-relate-to-most-of-the-stuff-that-30604525.aspx

Subject:  Re: Since you asked... Date:  3/24/2013  1:26 PM
Author:  joelxwil Number:  872728 of 886275

I really do not relate to most of the stuff that is being said here.

I very seldom worked more than a 40 hour week. When I was managing the office in Greenbelt, it was my belief that if somebody had to work more than a 40 hour week, it was because I had failed to scope out the task properly. I must have done OK, since I do not remember anybody working late regularly.

I once had a person at they gym where I worked tell me that all his people had to work more than 40 hours, and he was proud of it. What a jerk!

Now there is a kind of person whose psychology (or pathology) makes him want stress. I was once on a task with another person. It was rather boring, because we spent about 1/3 of the time just waiting to get results from vendors so that we could evaluate them. But the other guy told his wife that he was working really hard and being really stressed out. When we got together socially with my wife, his wife gave my wife great sympathy for how hard I was working. That was really funny.

Anyway, I think that if you are working long hours regularly, you need to find another job, or maybe evaluate your work to see if you can be more efficient.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us