The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-remember-all-so-well-back-in-2001-i-think-30604711.aspx

Subject:  Re: A Little Munger Color Date:  3/24/2013  4:12 PM
Author:  rationalwalk Number:  200401 of 210430

I remember all so well back in 2001 I think having this discussion about the valuation of Cisco with a very popular poster on the old yahoo board. It was my view that it was plum dang crazy, and that this one decision to "hold" Cisco would out-importance all the other portfolio decisions this poster would make for the next 10 years. The poster had sold a little Cisco but kept the rest and the justification was that John Chambers was THE smartest guy in the entire world.

I believe that I remember that discussion back on the old yahoo board although I cannot remember who the bull on Cisco was. Dealraker and benkea in particular were anchors of wisdom in uncertain times. I don't recall either of them being dismissive of aspiring value investors, however, and while sarcastic at times neither of them were gratuitously rude and nasty either.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us