The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dont-know-if-its-always-success-in-my-and-30604741.aspx

Subject:  Re: Since you asked... Date:  3/24/2013  4:41 PM
Author:  cabinsmama Number:  872740 of 884986

I don't know if it's always success. In my (and DH's) line of work, economic hard times mean A) positions get frozen so there are fewer people to do the work, and B) greater demand for social services. So there's less people to do more work.

His day is 6:30-6:00, at least a half-day or more in the office on Saturdays, and Sundays are for doing reports needed on Monday.

I had to be available 24/7 every other month for several years. The consequences of not getting everything done are made out to be so dire, people are too busy scrambling to hold top management accountable for providing enough resources. Or if they do...well, there are no more resources, so do it all, anyway.

It didn't used to be like this. But once the top levels saw you could get this level of work out of salaried, exempt employees in emergency situations, it got easier to demand it as SOP.

cm
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us