The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/easy-answer-there-but-the-subject-is-the-percent-30604788.aspx

Subject:  Re: 4 Years no budget from Senate ... Date:  3/24/2013  5:14 PM
Author:  Rightime Number:  1867209 of 1976046

Easy answer there, but the subject is the percent of physicians who have chosen to not accept or limit Medicare patients, not "where can I find a nurse practitioner"

I also gave you a list of 20 or 30 GPs in Miami Beach that accept Medicare, but it is true, GPs are becoming a thing of the past.

the subject is the percent of physicians who have chosen to not accept or limit Medicare patients:

I gave you a list and a map, state by state: the average number of physicians that do not participate in Medicare B is 7% depending on the state.

The bottom base line is, the payments from Medicare are not enough to allow many physicians to continue to accept Medicare. They will take payment up front and submit for you, then you get the fractional payment from medicare.

That is illegal. You can not create separate charges one for a patient and a different charge for Medicare. It shows that you don't know what you're talking about. This practice is common with dentists. It's illegal for healthcare providers.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us