The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dont-know-if-i-would-trust-your-site-to-much-the-30604791.aspx

Subject:  Re: 4 Years no budget from Senate ... Date:  3/24/2013  5:17 PM
Author:  eatenbybears Number:  1867210 of 1947774

I dont know if I would trust your site to much

The first on provides no source of data or year it represents ..... sometimes called referencing a "pig in a poke"

Your second site showing "Medicare Chartbook, Fourth edition, 2010"

SHows it's source as "Source:Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Data Compendium, December 2009."

Go to that site and you find http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Rese...

Which state exactly what I have been posting

At today?s levels, Medicaid payment rates have already contributed to well-documented problems with access to physician services. For example, a 2006 survey by the Center for Studying Health System Change found that 14.6 percent of physicians had no Medicaid patients and that 21.0 percent were not accepting new Medicaid patients. (By comparison, only 4 percent of physicians were not accepting new privately insured patients.) Anecdotal evidence also suggests access problems for other services, including hospital emergency rooms. The simulation ignores the temporary increase in Medicaid payment rates for primary care providers in 2013-2014.

And for cripes sakes ... that quote is based on 2006 and we know costs have gone up and medicare payments down since then .... the obvious conclusion is that the map chart your post shows has some kind of "if, maybe, only, in the opinion of or using this data only" in the formula used to get the numbers .... that is very obvious.

Massaged data produces any results you want

A sign on your cardiologist reception desk saying "we no longer accept Medicare Payments" is about as solid data you can find.

Bears
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us