The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Nonresident Alien Tax Questions Date:  3/24/2013  5:58 PM
Author:  RoadScholar5 Number:  118137 of 127613

I am attempting to assist a friend who lives in Peru with his 2012 US tax return.

He worked in the US from February 2011 to March 2012.

He owes money with his 2012 return and has sent me the money to pay the taxes on his behalf.

Due to the pending April 15th deadline, I would like to file for him as soon as possible. I do not have his written signature on his return, therefore I would like to file electronically.

I assume (please advise if I am incorrect) that I can file electronically on his behalf and have the taxes withdrawn from my personal bank account.

Thank you, RS
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us