The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotjust-what-i-expected-from-a-light-weight-as-30604837.aspx

Subject:  Re: Senate Budget Date:  3/24/2013  6:07 PM
Author:  nigelwhalmsley Number:  1867219 of 1949315

"Just what I expected from a light weight as yourself. You incapable of making any kind of serious argument for or against anything. Now go play with your neighborhood kids."

Considering that a) the completely ridiculous blanket statement you made was offered without a shred of any 'serious argument' supporting logic or evidence, and b) your typical response to any attempt at a 'serious argument' is 'ROTFLOL', I thought laughter would be easiest or you to understand.

The comment you made that absolves conservatives of any responsibility for policies that have added to our current ecomonic woes is obviously false on its face, and no one with a modicum of knowledge on either side of the aisle would ever say something so obviously wrong and unprovable about their respective sides. The nature of politics is such that both sides are responsible for many of the policies that brought us to where we are today. To pretend otherwise and imply that one side is completely blameless is so ridiculous as to not even warrant a response. It certainly leaves no room for any intelligent discussion.

You have to start out with a reasonably intelligent premise to hope for an intelligent and serious discussion.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us