The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-didnt-post-the-friday-prince-clips-on-friday-30605442.aspx

Subject:  Re: Disability: How the unemployed survive Date:  3/25/2013  9:20 AM
Author:  tim443 Number:  418816 of 455674

I didn't post the Friday Prince clips on Friday but one of his discussion points was about the desperate shortage of truck drivers in the US with average age of existing drivers over 55 years of age. I'm reasonably sure driving trucks does not require a masters degree... and they do pay very well but for some reason nobody seems to want to do the job.

I suppose the same could be said for oil workers in Alberta though having lived and done military exercises in winter in Alberta in my youth I can't say as I blame all of them there. }};-()

Just a thought, perhaps I'll go back and see if I can find the clips. Prince has been bullish on the US economy for a couple of years now and seems to have been right most of the time.

Any <fully retired> mouse

OT - Rotten Kid spent a week in Florida recently and called it "the largest retirement and nursing home in the world". The little ones loved it. They are off to a resort in the Bahamas on Saturday.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us