The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/joelxwil-i-get-the-impression-a-lot-of-you-are-30606165.aspx

Subject:  Re: Since you asked... Date:  3/25/2013  3:59 PM
Author:  spl241 Number:  872804 of 886557

joelxwil:

I get the impression a lot of you are real unhappy with your jobs. Maybe you have terrible jobs or just not efficient workers.....consider doing something about it instead of just complaining.

You don't think some of the so-called complainers haven't thought about "doing something about it?" I suspect a fair number have, but they're keenly aware of some things that your off-hand remark reveals you're not (or you're simply blithely dismissive).

Employers are in the driver's seat and have been, especially since 2008. The day when workers can defiantly up-and-quit are GONE. Employers know it, workers know it, and employers know that the workers know it. I wonder how many of the mega-hour jobs I've seen discussed here didn't used to be like that. People have been RIF'd so employers can "lbym," and work has been off-loaded to others, possibly resulting in more work-more hours for them with, of course, no increase in pay. Upset? Hell yes, they're upset. I don't blame them.

It's an employer's upper-hand world these days. You need no more proof of that than the despicable number of callous "unemployed need not apply" ads. Count me a complainer sympathizer...
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us