The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-a-lot-of-the-financial-crisis-has-allowed-30606831.aspx

Subject:  Re: Since you asked... Date:  3/26/2013  12:23 AM
Author:  Windowseat Number:  872832 of 881681

I think a lot of the financial crisis has allowed companies to make excuses for anti-employee practices. There was no reason not to replace my peer, and after I left that job, they did, in fact, replace me with 2 people (which I think is pretty funny).

My father had a massive stroke back in 1972. When the company realized that he would never return, they did a search and brought in someone else, who lasted three months. They finally split the job into parts and hired two people.

I have always believed that struggling to do two jobs was among the reasons for the stroke.

There have always been companies that demanded too much from their employees. When times are bad they shrug their shoulders and ignore complaints. When times are good and there are plenty of jobs available they offer extra benefits or perks, then take them away again when the bad times roll around.

Nancy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us