The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Living Below Your Means

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/kelly-argues-girls-play-with-dolls-from-30608892.aspx

Subject:  Re: Since you asked... Date:  3/27/2013  9:53 AM
Author:  llamalluv Number:  872889 of 884282

Kelly argues: Girls play with dolls from childhood, so “women are raised from the get-go to raise children successfully. When we are moms, we have a better toolbox.”
------------------------------------------------------
Ummm...in her house maybe.

Despite a brief stint with Barbies, I was always a legos/blocks/stuffed stuffed animals kind of gal, and never played with dolls. I built huge structures and plazas for my stuffed friends to inhabit. Set me up a treat to be an architect and engineer, it did.

Nothing wrong with playing with dolls, or being a mom. Just don't go into hundreds of thousands of dollars of student loan debt to be a SAHM. That's just foolish.

Yeah, I'm apparently raising a boy Mom? Charley LOVES playing with dolls. He has a rather large collection of stuffed animals (mostly monkeys) that he spends a lot of time carrying around and feeding, dressing, and tucking into bed. Once they are down for naps, he vacuums the living room with his improvised vacuum (a push toy with a piece of yarn for a "cord"). He alternates these activities with playing with his cars and building blocks. Often both those items at some point become phones.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us