The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-responses-so-far-interesting-30609856.aspx

Subject:  Re: 7702 Private Plans (indexed universal life) Date:  3/27/2013  5:04 PM
Author:  Brandonisme Number:  71509 of 75336

Thanks for the responses so far.. interesting reading the different opinions. I'd say I'm reading better arguments from the pro than the con side at the moment. Has anyone heard of these things going sour? The people that are against this aren't really making specific arguments why this is bad, more just overall statements like; if they are getting commission they are screwing you and if the contract is really long it must be a scam. I am actually hearing more logical arguments why this may not be all that bad of a way to go.

Appreciate the feedback, still curious to see some further good points from the people against this plan AND alternatives to it.

I think another reason high commission is supposed to be justified, is because with something like this you sign up once and that's where your money goes. When you are investing in individual funds / stocks, there's so much money handling going on the commission can be smaller because the brokers continually get commission as money is moved around... correct me if I'm wrong..
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us