The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/noone-should-sign-a-return-they-havent-seen-30612109.aspx

Subject:  Re: Uncooperative, Signature Date:  3/28/2013  6:53 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  118181 of 121061

Noone should sign a return they haven't seen.

Tell that to my wife....I have yet to successfully get her to look at a tax return, lol...

Clearly, the OPs wife is concerned about something. We don't know if the source of the concern is real or not. I would be seeing a divorce lawyer if my husband tried to forge my signature and file a tax return behind my back.

My husband doesn't look at our tax returns. I am concerned if something happened to me that he isn't capable of handling our finances.

My SIL was left with a large mess because her now deceased husband didn't allow her to see tax returns and mortgages paperwork. If she had read and understood them, she would not have signed them. I was seriously concerned that the mortgage holder might have persued fraud charges.

Neither have recovered from their father's abuse that they were financially incompetent. The constant repeating that only he was capable of handling everyone's finances has had lifelong consequences. My FIL expected to run our finances. There was always tension that I didn't permit my FIL to have any information regarding our finances. Unlike his some of my husband's adult siblings, we weren't financially dependent, and I would not tolerate any interference.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us